Google has recently updated its Core Web Vitals report in Google Search Console, providing website owners with additional tools to monitor and improve website performance. The update has introduced several new features that can help website owners identify issues and optimize their website’s user experience.
What are Core Web Vitals?
Core Web Vitals are a set of metrics that Google uses to measure a website’s user experience. These metrics include:
- Largest Contentful Paint (LCP): This measures the loading performance of a webpage. Websites with an LCP of less than 2.5 seconds are considered to have a good user experience.
- First Input Delay (FID): This measures the interactivity of a webpage. Websites with an FID of less than 100 milliseconds are considered to have a good user experience.
- Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS): This measures the visual stability of a webpage. Websites with a CLS of less than 0.1 are considered to have a good user experience.
What’s New in the Core Web Vitals Report Update?
The updated Core Web Vitals report includes several new features, including:
- More detailed information: Website owners can now access more detailed information about how their website is performing in terms of Core Web Vitals. This includes data on specific URLs and how they are performing in terms of LCP, FID, and CLS.
- New issue tracking: The report now includes new issue tracking features that allow website owners to identify and fix issues related to Core Web Vitals. Website owners can track issues over time and see if changes they make are having a positive impact.
- Simplified report navigation: Google has made changes to the report’s navigation to make it easier for website owners to find the information they need. Website owners can now access all the data they need in one place, making it easier to monitor their website’s performance.
Why is the Core Web Vitals Report Important?
Google has stated that Core Web Vitals are an important ranking factor for search results. Websites that perform well in terms of Core Web Vitals are more likely to rank higher in search results. This makes it essential for website owners to monitor and optimize their website’s performance in terms of Core Web Vitals.
Google’s updated Core Web Vitals report in Google Search Console provides website owners with the tools they need to monitor and improve website performance, concludes NIXSolutions. With more detailed information, issue tracking features, and simplified report navigation, website owners can easily identify and fix issues related to Core Web Vitals. This can help improve website user experience and search engine rankings.